As someone who is almost always running out the door no matter how early she wakes up (I know, it’s a mystery I’ve been trying to solve for years now!), I tend to gravitate towards products that have great coverage and are easy to apply while at the backseat of a moving car or when I’m driving– while waiting for parking (true story). It takes me 5 minutes to apply my make-up. If I go beyond that and start experimenting, things begin to look weird. Haha! Ok, so back to what’s in my pouch…
First up, the pouch. I’m using one of several Glossier make up pouch freebies I received earlier this year after going crazy at the Glossier showroom in New York. ( Not all for me! I was merely a vessel for my dear SILs Char aka C and Tin and my bff Christine. haha!) Aside from being able to spot it immediately in my blackhole of a bag, its fun and ensures that if I do drop my pouch as I tend to do, everything inside is safe. Oh and did I mention it was free?
On to the makeup:
- MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm with SPF 35 in Medium Plus. I apply this with my fingers after moisturizing. It blends really well and gives just enough coverage to even out my skin.
- Clio Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Concealer in 3-BY. I have really dark under eyes, ( I blame you Ozark and Brooklyn 99!) no matter how late I sleep, I’m always up by 5:30-6:00 am. My friend Fanny recommended this and I really like it. A little goes a long way. Be sure that your skin is well moisturized though and blend its asap as it dries easily.
- Chanel Les Beiges Blush N22. Just like C’s MLBB (My Lips But Better), I tend to pick up peachy pink/coral blushes ALL THE TIME. This one is my absolute favorite. Its a cream blush that comes in stick form so all you do is swipe it on and blend with your fingers. I’m down to my last few swipes and I’m beginning to panic.
- MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Dark. I use this to set everything and remove shine throughout the day.
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler. I received this as a gift and it works great! If I could save only 2 items from my makeup kit it would be my eyelash curler and mascara. Not lipstick, concealer or blush. Nothing makes me look more alive ( in my opinion) than curled lashes with mascara.
- Maybelline Total Temptation Waterproof Hrdrofuge Mascara. I picked this up at Walgreens over the summer when I was looking for a a cheap alternative to my fave Dollywink (thanks for introducing this to me C!). It was on sale buy-one-take-one for $5 and I’m so glad I grabbed it. One coat is enough to cover your lashes. It doesn’t weigh them down so your curl stays up the whole day. Definitely hoarding this next time.
- Glossier Boy Brow Clear. I’m lucky enough to have thick eyebrows (higad levels sometimes) so I don’t really put any product save for this just to groom them and keep the hairs in place.
- Glossier Balm Dotcom. This is actually step one. I put this on my lips to prep them for lipstick before applying the rest of my makeup. Glossier claims you can you it for moisturizing cuticles, rough spots, etc but I have yet to try. Have you guys used this for anything aside from lip balm?
- Innisfree Real Fit Velvet Lipstick No.2 Pink Beige. I LOVE THIS! C and my MIL got this for me as pasalubong (together with a bunch of other products that I’m excited to try). Its creamy, super pigmented and feels really nice, not heavy at all. It also instantly brightens my face which is a huge plus.
- Dior Addict Lipstick 722 True. Another example of a product that’s down to its last few swipes and making me panic. Its the perfect Nude/Pink shade with a bit of shine. One of the best lippies I’ve evert tried and I use it sparingly. If anyone finds a dupe for this please share! C and I will be forever grateful!
- Nars Blush Duo in Hot Sand/Orgasm. Always a classic and yes its a perfect Peachy Pink/Coral shade. I use this for touching up when needed.
That’s it! Seems like a lot of products for me to look like I’m not wearing any. Haha! Do you guys apply your makeup at home or on the fly like me?