Take your cue from C’s Little Ms. M and Little Ms. A (Chic Peek Mini : Amelia’s room) and decorate your little Miss’ space with bold prints, exotic fabrics and fun brightly colored accessories! Try picking up a stuffed animal or beautiful textiles from your travels and incorporate them into your daughter’s room. They add personality to the area and bring back memories from that particular trip.
Little Ms. M’s room is peppered with pieces from all over asia! The hanging birdcage was hand carried from Vietnam. Embroidered Shams, Floral Pillows, Silk Elephants, Floor Pillow and Woven Area Rug all from L’Indochine. Chevron Banig from Kultura.
Commissioned painting by artist Francis Nacion.
Little Ms. Amelia’s darling room in San Francisco. Pouffe from L’Indochine Stuffed Animals and Dolls from Bali, Los Cabos, Kyoto and Cebu.
Check out our favorite global-chic rooms and see how you can recreate them in your own homes:
Such a sweet reading nook! We love how the floor pillows become a makeshift mini daybed when a pile of pillows are thrown into the mix.
The pretty stripe throw looks great paired with a bright suzani pillow and sweet stuffed elephant. The bright pink flamingo adds a bit of unexpected whimsy to the area.
A hanging wicker chair serves as the perfect neutral canvas to all the bright and bold prints in the room. A pair of solid colored throw pillows pick up the colors of the carpet and anchors the whole look.
Tiny bed, big personality! Don’t be afraid to pile on the prints especially in kids’ rooms. To make mixing and matching a cinch choose one color and make sure that it’s present in all of your textiles.
Don’t forget the floor! This gorgeous saffron and fuschia rug is all you need to make a statement. Keep furniture as clean and simple as possible.
A bold mural sets the tone for this fun and festive room!
Wooden pieces act as the perfect backdrop to all the colors and textures in the room. A simple rag rug looks great layered over a chevron rug. Floor pillows are easily stacked and kept in place until friends arrive.
Clockwise from left:
1) Batik Stuffed Giraffe, L’Indochine P1299.75 – We went gaga over these the minute we saw them! Put them on a night stand, the bed or even a shelf. These never fail to make us smile everytime we see them.
2) Batik Quilt, L’Indochine P3299.75– Its never too early to expose your kids to mixed prints, bold patterns and exotic handiwork.
3) Handpainted Katung Boxes, L’Indochine– These make awesome side tables and are great for keeping toys and other knick knacks. As they say, when you have children, you can never have enough storage!
4) Bird Artwork, Our Home P1499.75– Kids rooms need art too! Mix this pretty framed bird with your kid’s artwork.
5) Bed in a Bag Linen Set, Mandaue Foam P 2,000– A sophisticated print gets toned down and becomes child friendly when rendered in a cool blue hue.
6) Ikat Throws, L’Indochine P2499.75 each– We’re big fans throws, heck we have one in every room of our house! These lovely muted ones look great strewn over a bed or armchair.
7) Afghan Floor Pillow, L’Inodchine P5,499.75– An oversized pillow is essential for playing on the floor or lounging with a book.
8) Lorenzo Sea Grass Stool, Mandaue Foam P 1200- A solid piece of furniture made of natural materials in the perfect accompaniment to all the bright colors and textiles. We love that this stool can double as a side table too!